Monday, November 4, 2013

Snippets

  • "Mommy, you leff it in my room, I foun' it!" -Roman calling me from nap to tell me I left my water bottle in his room.
  • Last night Karina slept from 10pm until 7:30am without waking up! It was wonderful! She has only been waking up once anyways, but this was extra nice.
  • Yesterday, Dan took Arianna to the store to grab a few things we needed. He took my van key off my key chain because he doesn't have a button unlocker. Well, yesterday he left for evening church early (as usual), and then later I loaded all the kids in the card to go to the rest of evening church. Only to find that he had never returned my van key and he had the valet key too! Needless to say, we didn't get to church! We watched The Incredibles instead - the kids' favorite movie!
  • Fall Back (hour time change) was this past weekend, and I was worried it would screw us all up, but we have the best kids ever and all 6 of us got an extra hour of sleep!
  • Before Halloween, Arianna was having a hard time decided what dress up outfit to wear and changed her mind several times. Roman had no trouble deciding on the Merida dress from Brave...for himself! Haha! I managed to convince him that a monkey was cool enough!
  • A few days ago, I woke up to both big girls in my bed cuddling with me. Arianna fell back asleep for a long time and Marissa requested to go downstairs and start school early. She finished everything I usually have her do before the rest of us even had breakfast!
  • Karina just turned 2 months old and had a well visit check-up. She weighed 10lbs 13oz (25th %) and was 23.25in long (80th %), making her the biggest 2 month old we've had by 1oz (M: 10#, A: 10#12oz), R: 8#9oz)). She grinned at the nurse til it was time for her shots. She hated them of course, and was so pitiful. She slept a lot that day, but when she was awake she was miserable - it seemed like her legs were sore because everytime she moved or I moved her or tried to nurse her, she screamed out in pain. The next day she was fine though!

  • *Note to self* Always remember the smell and feel of fuzzy baby hair after a bath!
  • I've found myself getting very emotional while doing laundry - I have to pack away the tiny cute things Karina has already outgrown, and Arianna outgrew, and Marissa outgrew. Ugh. I need a steady supply of newborns for an indefinite period of time!
  • Marissa's top two front teeth just fell out recently! Her smile is adorable!
  • Marissa has started dotting her "i"s with hearts instead of dots. Her reasoning: Hearts are so much prettier than dots, don't you think?
  • I took all 4 kids to a pumpkin/apple farm for a field trip with our CC group. I wore 4 week old Karina in my Mei Tai (baby carrier) and she slept the whole time! Phew!
  • Conversations in the car last month:
    • Marissa: What is that tent?
    • Me & Dan: Um, a tent!

    • Roman: My nose not moving!
    • I turned around to see him trying to shove a pair of sunglasses upside down over his nose.

No comments: